WIN! Two pairs of mediven® Travel Socks
medi are the global leaders for effective compression garments for treatment and prevention of recurrence of leg ulcers, treatment of venous disease, maintenance of lymphoedema and healing of venous leg ulcers.
medi also produce mediven® Travel Socks. These are the only clinically proven* travel socks to reduce the risk of developing a deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Why wear travel socks?
There is now evidence that wearing below knee, graduated compression socks reduces the chance of DVT for people with high risk factors. Based on what is well known about the causes of DVT and the successful methods of prevention used in hospitals, the following are sensible precautions, particularly on long haul flights and other journeys lasting several hours:
- Move your legs: don’t sit with your legs bent for hours on end.
- Stretch your legs out from time to time, and move your feet up and down at the ankles.
- Stand up to stretch the legs now and then. Stretching and moving your legs stops blood stagnating in the deep veins of the calf, and is the simplest and most effective thing you can do.
- Go for a walk if possible.
- Don’t get dehydrated.
- Avoid alcohol.
Graduated compression socks reduce the risk of DVT. They also help to prevent swollen ankles which many people experience on long journeys.
mediven® Travel Socks
- Clinically proven* travel socks
- Active breathable fabric
- Soft, comfortable topband
- Grip-knit technique prevents slippage
- Suitable for machine washing and spin drying
Available in black or caramel and five sizes (your ankle circumference is required to get the correct size). People who have trouble with the arteries of their legs should seek medical advice before using compression socks.
* (J Scurr et al. A randomised trial to assess the incidence of asymptomatic DVT and prevention by graduated compression stockings. Lancet 2001.)
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance of winning two pairs of mediven® Travel Socks just fill in the form and answer the question below:
Terms & Conditions
- Closing date is 17th May 2013.
- This offer is only open to UK residents only.
- For standard EMP Competition terms and conditions click here
Please note: When you enter our competitions you are also opting in to the At Home email newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time) and email and mail communications from the competition prize provider. Your phone details should only be used for prize notification purposes by the competition prize providers as they are only given to them in that capacity.
Click here to find out what other competitions at home magazine is running
**This competition has now ended