WIN! Enough NHS-Prescribable NYDA to help free your child’s whole class of head lice – Plus £100 in Superdrug vouchers
Head lice lotion NYDA® is giving At Home readers the chance to win 30 family sized boxes of NYDA® (92% Dimeticone) – www.nyda.co.uk, scientifically proven to help FREE kids of head lice and their eggs¹ – plus £100 in Superdrug vouchers.
Every year, over 4 million children in the UK each experience at least 2.4 infestations of head lice.2,3 Fortunately, NYDA® (92% Dimeticone) is scientifically proven to kill head lice in just one minute and their eggs (nits) in eight hours, helping to free children of itching and discomfort from lice.4,5,6,7,8
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence’s (NICE) Clinical Knowledge Summaries (CKS) reviewed all available scientific data on UK head lice treatments and found that NYDA® (92% Dimeticone) was a highly effective treatment in killing head lice and their eggs meeting their objectives and goals.¹
Two simple applications of pleasant, safe, easy‐to‐use NYDA® lotion are scientifically proven to help free 97 out of 100 children from head lice and their eggs.¹
NYDA® (92% Dimeticone) works by suffocating head lice, larvae and their eggs.5 Dimeticone is a form of silicone so safe that it is used for treating colic in babies, and it also moisturises and protects the skin. NYDA® is not a pesticide, which means you will not be using harmful chemicals on your child’s skin or on yours.
NYDA® can be prescribed FREE of charge to children under the age of 16 years by your GP on the NHS, or it can be purchased from independent pharmacies, Superdrug Pharmacy stores and online at www.nyda.co.uk
1. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Clinical Knowledge Summaries (CKS), treatment options: advantages and disadvantages March 2010 . http://cks.nice.org.uk/head-lice#!prescribinginfosub. Last accessed 21 June 2013
2. Office of National Statistics.,2006: Projected populations at mid‐years by age last birthday in five‐year age groups in 2011
3. Ipsos MORI (2011) Capibus Survey. Head Lice e Study. 08 July–14 July 2012
4. Oliveira FAS et al.,2007: High in vitro efficacy of NYDA® L, a pediculicide containing dimeticone. J. Europe. Acad. Dermatol. Venereol., 21 (10), 1325‐1329.
5. Richling I.& Böckeler W.,2008: Lethal effects of treatment with a special dimeticone formula on insects (Orthoptera, Ensifera: Acheta domestica and Anoplura, Phthiraptera: Pediculus humanus) ‐ Insights into physical mechanisms. Arzneimittelforschung 2008, 58 (5), S. 248‐254.
6. Heukelbach J et al.,2011: Ovicidal efficacy of high concentration Dimeticone dimeticone: new era of head lice treatment. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011: 64; 4, e61‐e62.
7. Data on file, 2007
8. Heukelbach J et al.,2008: A highly efficacious pediculicide based on dimeticone: Randomized observer blinded comparative trial, BMC Infect. Dis. 2008, 8:115
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance to win, just fill in the form below and answer the question below:
Terms & Conditions
- Closing date is 29th May 2013.
- This offer is only open to UK mainland residents only.
- For standard EMP Competition terms and conditions click here
Please note: When you enter our competitions you are also opting in to the At Home email newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time) and email and mail communications from the competition prize provider. Your phone details should only be used for prize notification purposes by the competition prize providers as they are only given to them in that capacity.
Click here to find out what other competitions at home magazine is running
**This competition has closed