WIN! An OvuSense Advanced Fertility Monitor
Trying for a Baby? OvuSense™ takes you a positive step towards pregnancy by showing you exactly when you ovulate and when your chances of success are highest.
Traditional thinking about fertility is based on the assumption that, in a regular 28 day cycle, ovulation occurs consistently on day 14 and that the fertile period is between days 10 and 17.
We now know from a number of studies that only a small percentage of women ovulate on day 14, even in a regular 28 day cycle and that the fertile window falls entirely between cycle days 10 and 17 in only about 30% of women. Many women reach their fertile window earlier and some much later. The later in life a woman leaves trying for a baby, the more likely it is that she will regularly ovulate at a different time in the month from the ‘norm’.
The OvuSense™ Advanced Fertility Monitor consists of a personal sensor and a data reader.
The sensor is programmed to measure three cycles. It is placed in your vagina overnight. This location is vital as it means OvuSense™ is able to take multiple readings of your core body temperature ‘closest to the egg’ where these changes occur. A simple morning download to the data reader creates a day-by-day chart of your cycle.
At the end of the first cycle, OvuSense™ shows you if and when you ovulated and predicts when you are most likely to conceive in the next cycle. It repeats this exercise for a further two cycles. If your ovulation isn’t regular, you can then use this information to seek advice or, if it is, you have the option to continue by adding another sensor. The reader is lightweight and portable. Simple step-by-step software helps you navigate through the pattern of each of your cycles. The sensor has been proven in clinical trials to be easy and comfortable to use. It is made of medically-approved materials which make it safe, hygienic and easy to clean.
OvuSense™ has been rigorously tested in clinical trials against the “gold standard” for ovulation detection – the measurement of the size of the ovarian follicle by ultrasound.
In the latest clinical trials, OvuSense™ achieved a 94.48% match against ultrasound for detection of the entire fertile period.
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance to win the OvuSense Advanced Fertility Monitor worth £300, answer the question below:
Terms & Conditions
- Closing date is 29th May 2013.
- This offer is only open to UK mainland residents only.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
- The competition is open only to couples or single women who are actively trying to get pregnant.
- The prize is not transferable and must be used by the competition winner. Support will be provided by Fertility Focus Ltd.
- The winner will be informed by mail or email and must undertake to follow the instructions, terms and conditions for usage, as supplied by Fertility Focus Ltd.
- OvuSense™ must not be used for contraceptive purposes.
- Fertility Focus Ltd makes no warranties concerning the outcome of the three month usage period.
- The OvuSense reader can be returned to Fertility Focus Ltd for recycling after use.
- For standard EMP Competition terms and conditions click here
Please note: When you enter our competitions you are also opting in to the At Home email newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time) and email and mail communications from the competition prize provider. Your phone details should only be used for prize notification purposes by the competition prize providers as they are only given to them in that capacity.
Click here to find out what other competitions at home magazine is running
**This competition has now closed
Entries must be received by Wednesday 29th May 2013. Entries received after this date will not be considered.