Sky – Terms and conditions
The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
1. The Competition shall open on Friday 9th August to Friday 6th September 2013.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over only. Proof of age may be required. The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company (“Sky”), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.
3. Prizes, There will be one prize package. Each prize package consists of:
• 1 x Sky’s full TV package consisting of:
‒ 1 x Sky+HD box
‒ Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below);
‒ 1 x 12 month subscription to Sky’s full TV package.
• Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband free for a year
• Sky Line Rental and Sky Talk weekends package free for a year
The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below)
4. The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
a) Sky’s full TV package: Each winner will be required to enter into three (3) subscription contracts (one Sky digital, one Sky+ and one Sky+HD subscription contract). After expiry of the winner’s 12 months’ free viewing, unless the winner cancels or changes their package, giving 31 days or more notice, standard subscription charges will apply (see www.sky.com for details). Sky+ subscription is included in the winner’s Sky TV subscription and is required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box. The winner will need Sky+HD professionally installed even if the winner already has a minidish. Costs may apply for non-standard set-up. The winner must keep their Sky+HD box connected to a fixed and operational telephone line. If the winner needs a minidish the winner will be responsible for obtaining all consents required (e.g. landlord’s) before installation Multiroom is not included in the Prize. Existing Sky digital customers will receive a free full Sky TV package subscription, an upgrade to a Sky+ HD for 12 months.
b) Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband: Each winner will be required to enter into a subscription contract for the minimum term of 12 months. Sky Fibre Broadband is only available to customers in our network area. If you are outside our network area you may be able to take our Sky Broadband Unlimited product or our Sky Connect product. Monthly usage caps: Unlimited – none; Connect – 40GB & subject to Traffic Management Policy. Maximum upload speed: Unlimited –1.3Mb; Connect –448Kb. Speeds vary significantly with location and line quality. See sky.com for more details and our Usage Policies. After your 12 months’ free broadband, standard subscription charges will apply unless you change or cancel your contract giving 14 days notice. Sky Talk: #UK calls of up to an hour to 01, 02, 03 & 0870 numbers only (excludes Channel Islands, indirect access & dial-up internet numbers) with Sky Talk Weekends. Unlimited calls of up to an hour to geographic landlines in 22 popular international destinations with Sky Talk Anytime. Acceptable Use Policy applies. See the Sky Talk Tariff Guide for more detail. See sky.com for more details.
c) A compatible line is required to enable the winner to take up the Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband element of the Prize. If the winner does not have a compatible line, the reasonable costs (up to a maximum value of £125) of installing a compatible line will be covered as part of the prize.
d) Sky will contact the winner to arrange installation of the winner’s Prize. Winners who are in a current pay-TV and broadband contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
e) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
f) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
(the “Prize Conditions”)
5. The Promoter will ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions reserve the right for the Promoter to substitute the Prize (or an element thereof) for an equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter shall exercise this right where reasonably instructed to do so by Sky (provided that Sky is responsible for supplying the relevant substitute prize(s)).
6. The Promoter will ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions reserve the right for the Promoter to refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if in the reasonable view of the Promoter the entrant’s current or past conduct is (or has been) inappropriate, unlawful or offensive or is likely to bring the Promotion into disrepute. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant. The Promoter shall exercise this right where reasonably instructed to do so by Sky.
7. The Promoter shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions clearly specify that the Promoter will share each winner’s personal details with Sky and its authorised agents for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
8. The Promoter shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall specify that the Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and that entrants irrevocably agreed that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition.