How to get the most from your Conservatory
In today’s overcrowded world, light and space are precious and yet minimal in many of your homes. Adding a conservatory to your home doesn’t just give you extra space; it brings the outdoors in and creates a unique living space that can be enjoyed all year round.
One of the key considerations will be to decide whether you want a full conservatory or a sunroom. Your choice will affect the cost, whether you need planning permission and what building regulations apply.
According to FENSA, the window industry regulator, the definition of a conservatory is:
- Not less than 75% of the roof area is made from translucent material.
- Not less than 50% of the wall area is made from translucent material.
- It is either unheated or heated by a system with its own and separate heating controls.
- It must be separated from the main residence by ‘external’ doors.
To ensure you enjoy the maximum benefit of your conservatory, heating is a pre-requisite. Using electric underfloor heating with adequate insulation will ensure that your conservatory is at a comfortable temperature whatever the outside temperature.
Some of the benefits of choosing electric underfloor heating include:
- Easy to install – by a competent DIY person or professional installer in a matter of hours.
- Ease of control – 3iE energy-monitor allows you to manage and control the temperature in your conservatory, never over-heating or wasting energy
- Energy-efficient – Heats up in minutes, much quicker than radiators and hours quicker than water based flooring that needs to heat a screed. Energy usage is also reduced as you are not heating the ceiling area.
- Cost effective – one-off supply cost with no maintenance.
- Cost savings – uses a lower temperature than radiators. With no radiators to service or boilers to fix or replace, reduces costs even further.
- Versatile – most floor finishes can be used: stone, wood, laminate, vinyl and carpet.
- Invisible – frees up wall space, with no need for manifolds and pipes.
- Health benefits – electric underfloor heating reduces humidity within floor coverings, preventing dust mites from surviving or ensuring that they rise to the surface, where regular cleaning removes them – important to those who suffer from allergies and Asthma.
About the author
You can find the perfect system with all of these characteristics for your conservatory at Warmup, the world’s best selling electric underfloor heating brand. Its products offer a lifetime warranty and SafetyNet installation guarantee –should you damage the heating wire during installation, Warmup will replace it free of charge – this is unique to Warmup. Further, its products are European compliant, CE marked and accredited by more institutions than any other manufacturer, to provide complete quality assurance.
Warmup began and remains a knowledge and research driven UK manufacturing company making proprietary, world leading products that are tested in its EN442-2 facilities in Germany and through various houses in the UK that have full monitoring and measurement systems. Allowing it to create an all-encompassing product performance research database that offers full knowledge on how a system will operate and function along with energy usage and running costs at design stage. Warmup is the only company which can give you the security and peace of mind that you have the right solution to meet your specific needs.
Visit www.warmup.co.uk to receive more information or to receive a ‘Quick Quote’ in minutes. Call 0845 345 2288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and see for yourself how Warmup can help you get the most out of your investment.
Picture credit: Shutterstock