Top 10 eccentric natural beauty treatments
We often look to our celebrities for valuable tips and tricks to keep young and blemish free, as we are constantly bombarded with images of famous females showing off their flawless beauty. But how exactly do they do it?
Celebrities have been looking outside the box when it comes to natural beauty treatments, in some cases so far outside the box you may not want their tips after all. These are some of the most eccentric beauty treatments:
- The bird poop facial has been endorsed by a couple of celebrities, namely the Beckhams and Tom Cruise. Water and rice bran is mixed with the faeces from a nightingale bird to create the facemask, which is said to exfoliate the skin of the wearer.
- Kate Moss reportedly braves a chilly face dunk into a bowl of ice cubes each morning, apparently to ‘freeze’ the wrinkles.
- The Snake Venom Wrinkle Cream works by blocking the neurotransmitters that tell muscles to contract, acting as a natural Botox. The Venom cream comes from dermatologist Sonya Dakar, who deals with the likes of Drew Barrymore.
- Celebrities such as Kylie Minogue have used the bee venom facial to defy old age, with the pricey facial cream pot containing 10,000 bee stings to fight wrinkles.
- The Fish Pedicure has become one of the most popular high-street natural beauty treatments in the last year. It involves allowing tiny fish, known as ‘Garra rufa’, to nibble away dry and flaky skin on your feet.
- Cindy Crawford apparently mixes milk with water to wash her face each morning, to sooth and hydrate the skin.
- If you’re aiming for glamour, you may enjoy the Gold Face Mask. The facial involves rubbing your face with a 24-karat gold leaf, in order to combat wrinkles and revitalise your skin.
- The overly eccentric Placenta facial is believed to give the wearer a healthy glow, that’s if you can bear to wear facial cream containing human placenta. J-Lo is a known user.
- Demi Moore heads the call for Leech Therapy, which involves allowing highly trained medical leeches to suck your blood as a means of detoxification, a treatment she enjoyed in Austria in 2008.
- Inhaling cans of oxygen is the preferred choice of beauty treatments for Simon Cowell, with oxygen apparently flushing out impurities from the body.
Picture credit: Shutterstock