The perfect festive shoes for Christmas 2013
As you start planning your festive wardrobe, your attention turns to creating an outfit to remember, which of course includes a perfect pair of shoes! Many ladies turn to sky-scraper heels and styles with pointed toes, but these could cause you more discomfort than enjoyment as you do the rounds of this year’s Christmas parties.
Compressing toes into pointed shoes and wearing heels higher than two inches for long periods of time, can cause painful foot and back problems.
However, with quality footwear manufacturers now creating beautifully designed shoes that won’t harm your feet, there is no need to compromise on style for comfort and foot health. A dress boot and bejewelled, coloured or patent pumps can make as stunning partner to your winter evening outfits as a stiletto heel.
Keep your festive feet on top form this Christmas with the following tips:
1. Buy new shoes in the afternoon when feet are a little larger, as they tend to swell during the day. Feet should be properly measured and always buy the correct size.
2. Opt for round toed or mid-heeled party shoes this season, especially when dancing the night away! Ideally, don’t wear them every day.
3. When not in use, keep shoes in a dry environment and allow them to air regularly.
4. Alternate your shoes every couple of days.
5. Don’t compromise style for comfort. Bejewelled boots or patent coloured pumps make just as much impact to a winter wardrobe as a stiletto heel, but without the ‘ouch’ factor!
About the author
The Josef Seibel Group is one of Europe’s longest established quality shoe manufacturers. With brands including Josef Seibel, Gerry Weber and Romika, it is the home of style with comfort. Discover shoes and boots that are a delight to wear at every occasion at www.josefseibelandfriends.co.uk