Car-mad james has a passion for motors. His incredible collection ranges from ferraris to mercedes sl gullwings to rallying mini coopers.
On the rare occasions when James isn’t thinking about food, he’s probably thinking about cars! James owns an impressive collection of vintage cars, and in 2008 he entered the gruelling Mille Miglia, an annual 1,000-mile race through Italy in which over 300 classic cars compete. James even writes a column on cars in the Daily Mail’s Live magazine.
So how could we resist when James offered us a sneaky peek into a photo album of his favourite motoring moments?
1. what a classic James has a passion for vintage cars, and this beautiful classic Corvette, built in 1959, is one of his favourites. We can see why!
2. speed freak James loves rally driving, and competed in the Goodwood Festival Of Speed Rally Stage in this Mini Cooper S. ‘This car was driven by the famous rally driver, Paddy Hopkirk, in the 1963 RAC rally,’ says James. ‘I’m still filling in the gaps in its history.’
3. long-term love affair James fell in love with the Mini as a boy. ‘Everyone I knew either had one or wanted one – it put a smile on our faces,’ he recalls. This was James’ first Mini, which he drove around the fields on the farm aged 13.
4. FERRARI FAN Ferraris are one of James’ favourite cars. He’s owned them, raced them, and even hosted events for the Ferrari Owners’ Club.
5. FIAT FUN Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason with James in this classic blue Fiat 500 Abarth.
6. go karting James also enjoys karting. Here he is at the Formula Kart Stars Pageant Of Power, where he demonstrated a hand-controlled kart adapted for disabled drivers.
Photographs: courtesy of James Martin