Cocktail o’clock: Martini
Synonymous with style and class, will you ask for yours shaken or stirred?
You will need:
● 12.5ml extra dry vermouth
● 75ml dry gin
● Ice cubes
● 1 olive, to garnish (plus 1-2tbsp brine from the olive jar if making a dirty Martini)
For a dry Martini:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add the vermouth. Stir 20 times (yes, 20 times!), then strain out the vermouth and discard.
- Add the gin and stir gently until well mixed with the ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with an olive.
For a wet Martini:
- Follow the steps above but do not strain and discard the vermouth.
For a dirty Martini:
- Follow the steps above for either a dry or wet Martini, but add the brine from the olive jar.